sábado, 15 de dezembro de 2018

Paradise Clix Interview - Tylor Spees (2018 Wizkids Worlds winner)

*When, where and with who you started to play Heroclix? 

 I started playing in 2003.i went to my local library and took out a comic and it had an ad for Heroclix and I got them for Christmas. I mainly played with my siblings back then.

*How you would describe Heroclix?

I normally just say it's like super hero chess, lol.

*What is your game style?

Definitely aggressive. I don't like when my games go to time.

*What were your main achievements?

world's obviously lol. I got 9th in the roc cup, 11th at nationals, I had the most points after swiss in nationals, roc cup, and worlds this year, I won the Kentucky state championship, a mega qualifier, super qualifier, and a wko all this year. 

*Do you think Heroclix its “pay to win”? Do you think its an expensive hobbie?

It is pay to win but I don't consider that a bad thing. If things are expensive then they means there is a strong secondary market which means the game is doing well.  Supply and demand. It's definitely expensive lol.  But it's better than magic because at least you get cool looking miniatures.

*Before the world championship who did you think would be the champion?

Dan Powell, Easton Brock, or PJ Bolin. It was a toss up. 

*Your team (Worlds) and strategy?

TMNT3033 Mini Shredder 90
AIG017R Giganto & Namor 50
AIG017R Giganto & Namor 50
TMTG001P Surtur 25
AIG025P Groot 20
AIG025P Groot 20
TMTG004P Carnage 10
TMTG004P Carnage 10
XXSXID-025 Wolverine 5
WKDCID-08 Harley Quinn 5
WKMVID-012 Professor X 5
WKMVID-020 Jean Grey 3
WKMVID-018 Cyclops 3
XXSXID-010 Chamber 3
Trouble Alerts
Total: 299 pts

The general strategy is to go across the map and tie them up with my front line, applying enough pressure that they are forced to attack and get retaliated on while still making it difficult for them to score points.

*There’s any remarkable match (Worlds) you remember?

The final game of swiss vs Jay major. He was playing Shredders. When last action was called we both only had Mini Shredder left and they had both been reset already.  I won by 10 points!

*What do you think of the current meta?

I really enjoy it.  There is a lot of diversity which lets people get creative. I think there are still top teams out there that haven't even been discovered yet.

*Which Character will you choose to be made by Wizkids?

Not sure yet.  Just a character I like that hasn't been given a fair shake yet. Spidey, Juggernaut, and Doom come to mind but there could be others.

*Any advice for the new players?

Practice, practice, practice! I never really play tested before this year and it has made me a much better player.

*Would you like to let a message to the readers?

Just never be afraid to try something new!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário